Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Fujifilm X-T1


I have recently been approached by FujiFilm South Africa through AtPhoto to take the Fujifilm X-T1 for a 'spin'. I have since taken this amazing 'little' camera on a couple of shoots. I use the word little, because it is compact, and easy to work with - no bulky equipment and a lens that allows so much freedom.

I've been a professional photographer for 23 years, and for me this is my day-to-day, my income, my livelihood... I hear the word 'passion' amongst a lot of my peers - using the word to describe themselves as photographers - and yes, it is a passion, but doing 70-80 weddings a year you get into a flow, you give your absolute best, do what is expected of you, and give your clients what they pay for (and more) while making sure your business is a success.

But the Fujifilm X-T1 had a wonderful effect on me...it inspires me, and I am excited everytime I get a chance to use it, to play around with it...I almost want to compare it to a performance enhancement drug - it makes me want to be even more creative!

Below is a couple of images that I've chosen to show. Most of the images were taken less than a week after I first held the camera, so it goes to show that it is incredibly user-friendly. Obviously the resolution that is suitable for web viewing does not nearly do justice to the clarity and detail of the images, but you'll get the idea ;-)


Doing a shoot in bright mid-day sun ...





At a wedding ...






On my quick trip to Scotland to visit my friend ...









No comments:

Post a Comment